Tech demo-beta - testers? [case closed]

Started by
45 comments, last by xanin 18 years, 9 months ago
So in general, the demo is about animation blending. Right now I made a simple app, that only displays one model and allows to change animations played, hopefully - seamlessly. If you could download it and see if it works on your hardware, or if any stupid cracks show up, I would be very grateful. ModelMod.rar[369kB] - requires MFC71.dll ModelMod_static.rar[529kB] The keyboards are: - W/S - move forward/backward. - 0..9 - change animation being played. - V - disable/enable vertical sync. - Z - enable/disable wireframe mode. You can also rotate the camera when pressing left mouse button. /def EDIT: added version staticly linked with MFC71.dll EDIT2: there's a new test app to download (24 posts from here ;\) [Edited by - deffer on July 15, 2005 4:24:09 PM]
Advertisement
Works fine for me.

Intel Pentium 4
Radeon 9800pro
I have no idea what fpu and sse are supposed to mean (although that might be caused by the fact that my brains only have the capacity for about four three-letter acronyms), but anyway: the fpu demo works fine on my pc (athlon 1.2 GHz, Geforce3), but the sse crashes with an (according to MSVS6) illegal instruction.

Tom
Won't run without MFC71.dll
----------------Amusing quote deleted at request of owner
Both works fine

However, is there some wireframe ontop of the default mode? Becase I keep seeing black lines around the triangles pretty much everywhere except for in the shield etc.

AMD64 Venice 3500+
nVidia GeForce 6600GT EXTREME

Quote:Original post by dimebolt
I have no idea what fpu and sse are supposed to mean (although that might be caused by the fact that my brains only have the capacity for about four three-letter acronyms), but anyway: the fpu demo works fine on my pc (athlon 1.2 GHz, Geforce3), but the sse crashes with an (according to MSVS6) illegal instruction.

Tom

SSE is an extended SIMD instruction set, supported by Interl Pentium III+ and Athlon XP/64 and Semprons. Your CPU simply doesn't support the SSE instruction set and the FPU (floating point unit) version uses standard x87 math (co-)processor instructions only.

HTH,
Pat
Quote:Original post by darookie
SSE is an extended SIMD instruction set, supported by Interl Pentium III+ and Athlon XP/64 and Semprons. Your CPU simply doesn't support the SSE instruction set and the FPU (floating point unit) version uses standard x87 math (co-)processor instructions only.

HTH,
Pat

I figured it was something like that, considering the illegal operation. Unfortunately my 3-letter acronym slots are all full, and this information cannot be stored :)

Tom
Thanks for the input :)

@yakuza: I'll compile a version with staticaly linked MFC71.dll, and put it into downloads.

@Syranide: That's what I suspected. My whole engine has this problem, that only shows up on specific machines. Each triangle has a black border. Unless rendered in immediate mode, as I noticed. This does not appear on my machine, so it's hard to track. I even created a thread about this, but it was not solved.

Anyway, thanks. Keep posting.
/def
Deffer, no need to recompile simply for me to run the demo. :) My point was that a lot of users will simply delete your game without trying to find the missing file, so you narrow the audience when dependencies like this exist.
----------------Amusing quote deleted at request of owner
With a little help of SiCrane I managed to build a version that does not require MFC71.dll. Now it should be able to run on any computer (with windows, of course).

ModelMod_static.rar[529kB]

I know that there's a subtle/stupid bug showing up on some machines/drivers. If you could help me track it by checking if it is present on yours, it would be great.
/def

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement