Missing an include file

Started by
11 comments, last by Lenox 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, Thanks for fixing my last poblem so fast everyone. Now then, a problem I'm having now is that an include file is missing from a program I am trying to run. At the top of the program it includes <graphics.h> but its not actually included in the project. The website I got it from doesn't seem to have it. Is it a standard file I can get from somewhere or is it user created. I know it has something to do with the <> or "" but I'm not sure which one is which. Thanks.
Advertisement
Well the difference between sharp brackets and double quotes is that a double-quoted include will first be sought in the current (project) directory, while a bracketed include refers to a standard header, and will be sought in the compiler's include directories.

The file graphics.h is probably used for many things, but I remember it was a MS specific standard include file in old MS VC editions. So if someone should refer to graphics.h with brackets, it probably indicates that file.

Greetz,

Illco
Ok thanks. Do you know where I can get it from?
Well its defintely not a standard file it could be for some library or something.

Usually when this happens I search google for the file specified. I then look to see what functions are called from the graphics.h file in the code an compare and contrast to see if any of the functions in the .h file match up with the code, if so I try and compile with it.

It can be rather aggravating if they don't include something that tells you about this.
Thanks, I'll try that.
What compiler do you use? <graphics.h> is a header for Borland's BGI graphics lib for DOS, so there's a chance that you are missing the whole library.
___Quote:Know where basis goes, know where rest goes.
Where did you get this program? If it's from a website, it would help if you give us the URL
http://www.metlin.org/pgms/gfrac.html

It's the "Mandelbrot C" one I'm looking at.
Oh and I'm using Visual Studio.
Anyone?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement