Warcraft 3 AI Files

Started by
2 comments, last by Tjaalie 18 years, 9 months ago
Made the following post to my blog today and was wondering if anyone here was interesting in messing around with Warcraft III AI files with me. I've made a couple that are fun to play against (if not very strong) and even more fun to pit against each other. Using the Warcraft III AI Editor is a little frustrating (but pretty easy) because it would be cool to be able to actually write C/C++/C# code to control units. Does anyone know of a good open source RTS game that supports pluggable AIs? This is package contains some AI files that will make the computer player execute specific strategies. It is probably not the case that these AIs can beat the ones that come with the game – they’re more for messing around with than practicing against. .wai files can be opened and edited in the AI editor that comes with the game. .ai files are the exported scripts generated by the AI editor that can be imported into maps. The best way to play around with these files is to load the AI editor, open any .wai file and set up the test configuration settings. This way you can pit Ais against each other and also play against them (make sure that you match the race selected with the race that the AI file is designed to control, otherwise you will just see peons standing around doing nothing). WyrmMonger and GruntMaster are .wai files that come with the game. Here are the others: Ghoulish – DK + DL + A ton of ghouls KodoMania – Masses a huge number of kodos, hilarious! Mass Fairy Dragons – Does fairly well against the other AIs here Mass Footies – If it doesn’t win in the first ten minutes, it probably won’t. Max Casters – Shaman and Witchdoctors NightElfBandOfHeroes – Very very weak AI that uses only heroes and towers NoobElf – Builds 40 food worth of archers and hunts and nothing else Sheepmaster – Mass human casters. I had intended for it to polymorph everything in sight, but instead it tends to pwn with spellbreakers. StuffThatBlowsUp – Builds a number of dwarven artillery with knights as backup. Getting these to work OK was a learning process and some of them have trouble with running out of gold and stupidly not keeping 5 miners on a mine. Not really sure how to fix it since the AI editor seems flakey in general (especially for setting up team games on some maps). Keep in mind that the main purpose of these AIs is to amuse, not pwn j00. I got into pitting them against each other and making incremental improvements in their strategies. If anyone modifies these or creates new ai files that are interesting, I’d like to hear about it and play with them. -- John Shedletsky mylastname@stanford.edu Zipped AI Files

Shedletsky's Bits: A Blog | ROBLOX | Twitter
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea...

Advertisement
Total Annihilation had a lot of customization features...never even played the game though.
Me and some others are creating an open source RTS that currently uses Total Annihilation as a base for units etc. It supports pluginable AI through DLL files which sounds like what you are looking for. There is two different kinds of AI DLLs that you can plugin. GroupAIs that is supposed to control a group of units and is assigned to hotkey groups by humans and GlobalAIs that is supposed to take over a team entirely and act like a skirmish AI (in the future we will try to add more support for having this act in support for a human player also). The later one only exist in the CVS repository so far but the next release will include it.

Visit taspring.clan-sy.com for more info.

Quote:Original post by Isokron
Me and some others are creating an open source RTS that currently uses Total Annihilation as a base for units etc. It supports pluginable AI through DLL files which sounds like what you are looking for. There is two different kinds of AI DLLs that you can plugin. GroupAIs that is supposed to control a group of units and is assigned to hotkey groups by humans and GlobalAIs that is supposed to take over a team entirely and act like a skirmish AI (in the future we will try to add more support for having this act in support for a human player also). The later one only exist in the CVS repository so far but the next release will include it.

Visit taspring.clan-sy.com for more info.

Whoo that looks nice:D
if (*pYou == ASSHOLE) { pYou->Die(); delete pYou; };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement