• Advertisement

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multitexture/Mesh/Triangle Questions ideas..

This topic is 6320 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just need to make sure im thinking of this correctly.. Lets say i want to create a sort of terrain.. and i want each that follows this kind of format: Use your imagination ;p Set of 2 triangles like this ------------- ! \ ! ! \ ! ! \ ! is mapped with an bitmap..(or more..) ! \ ! ! \ ! ! \ ! ------------- Well.. i was thinking that i could create this by doing a single mesh right.. These are some question s i have about meshing.. 1. All mesh will use the same texture(up to 8 for multitexturing)? 2. Each triangle in the mesh will have the same effect? 3. You cannot change the texture used in the mesh withough changing all textures? I know there are ways to get around 1 and 3, by making grouped together textures.. but is this feasible? Now this leads me to the question that am i goin to want to make possible so that i could use multiple effects.. meshes for every 2 triangles.. this would allow new sorts of effects to be used for every set right? Is this feasible? I know multiple calls on a drawprimitive will slow things conciderably.. correct? (seem everything i know.. i dont) Either way.. i would like each square to be able to define if there is 1..4 textures used.. for blending.. and how they are supposed to be layered/blended.. this almost has to have many different primitives drawn? And finally.. lets say i want to blend one side of a texture onto another texture.. This wouldnt be a full blend like you normally would think.. but more of like.. think about blending a snow texture onto grass.. you would want it to be gradual.. Just for some background info i am working in Directx8. Thanks, Russ Hanson

• Advertisement