• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avianRR

Quaternion's

This topic is 6508 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m currently working on a program that uses Quaternion''s. I''ve got almost everything working however I''m haveing a little bit of a problem with one thing. I can rotate the scene by getting the rotation matrix and passing it in glMultMatrix. The problem I need to solve is that I have to find the vector representing a distance in that direction i.e. vector = quaternion * distance; of all the information I''ve found on quaternions this is the only thing I need that hasn''t been covered anywhere! If anyone could point me twords any information I would appreciate it. An alternative to this would be to get the seperate euler angels and then calculate the point but I don''t know how to extract the angles from the quaternion eather.

Advertisement
Ok, I got that working. Now all I need to know about Quaternion''s is how to limit one or more of the axis of rotation?
Any sugestions???

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!