Vertex Buffer with C#

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I've check out nehe's tutorial on vertex buffer(Lesson45) and was wondering if anyone have a C# version of the tutorial. Thanks in advance.
To Live Is To Die.
Advertisement
Is it really impossible to call the ARB extension with managed codes? I don’t find any samples doing it in C# in the net. Even working in unsafe blocks.
To Live Is To Die.
I haven't done this with vertex buffers, but it can be done with vertex arrays. What you do is create a memorystream, and write your vertex data into this. Then you, can call verts.ToArray() and then glInterleavedArrays passing this array into it.

Hth!
Ollie"It is better to ask some of the questions than to know all the answers." ~ James Thurber[ mdxinfo | An iridescent tentacle | Game design patterns ]
Have you used the extension laoder provided in the Tao package (I supposed you are using TAO framework)? If you are using your own custom structures to store your geometry, than it's better to create your custom bindings to OpenGl functions... if you need more infos (I'm not a guru, but since a couple of months I'm working with TAO), contact me via ICQ (19283749) or e-mail (dany2222@gmail.com)... or post here again! :P
Thanks acid2. Will take a look at glInterleavedArrays.

BladeWise : Nope I'm not using Tao. I'm using a wraper class that Colin P. Fahey wrote. WGLAV5 class. I'm having problem accessing the extensions as i'm working in C# which don't allow me to access pointers.
Will send you a mail soon. Thanks :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement