• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mort

Getting accessing the transformed vertices

This topic is 6405 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there any way in Direct3D that you can get access to the Transformed vertices, after they are transformed ? What I''ve got is a VertexBuffer, which contains untransformed vertices. When the rendering methods are called, these vertices are transformed into transformed vertices, by DirectX. What I wan''t is to access these transformed vertices, so that I may read the X and Y Pixel Coordinates that they contain. If this isn''t possible, it only leaves me with the choice of transforming my vertices myself, and then pass then to Direct3D as Transformed vertices - However, I am confident that Direct3D''s transformation routines are more efficient that what I would be able to do myself. - Mort

Advertisement
Bad luck dude,

If you let DirectX do the T&L conversion you can't reach
the converted vertices. You have to do that manually.
The whole point is that T&L in hardware will cause the
vertices to be transformed in video memory.

Edited by - axelp on December 1, 2000 5:53:34 AM

You can use ''ProcessVertices'' to let D3D still transform then into another buffer.

However, this will always be done in software ecen if the Hardware supports T&L.

Thanks a lot.

It seems that ProcessVertices() is excactly what I need. I know that the processing is done by the CPU, not the display adapter, since reading from Video memory isn''t possible, but by using ProcessVertices() I''ll avoid first rendering into Video memory and then rendering again into system memory.

- Mort

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!