• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EdwardKoo

Is there any good 2D 16-bit particle engine/system around?

This topic is 6412 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
There are various people on the web who have sites dedicated to particle systems, just search the engines. If you want to look at mine, it''s at Popcorn v2.0. However, it''s written with GDI, and the particle system is encapsulated in a windows control that I wrote. Hope it helps.

--------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, there are not any "perfect" game programming tutorials around. I have spent plenty of cash on various DirectX books... Inside DirectX.. Windows Game Programming for Dummies, Teach Yourself DirectX7 in 21 days, three of LaMothe''s books..

I have learned that each author has different way of presenting information... LaMothe concentrates on 2D and getting a game up and running.. Inside DirectX concentrates on mostly the API and TYDX7 is kinda a mix of both.. and I keep seeing more DX books coming up.

I would find one with the info that you need (I recommend LaMothe''s books) .

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!