• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Passi

How to texture a Concave Polygon?

This topic is 4784 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i got a new problem. I draw a Polygon, and now I want to texture this. I bind the Texture, but then it uses only the first Pixel of the Texture and streches it over the whole Polygon. I thought this would work with glTexCoord2f(0,0); glTexCoord2f(1,0); glTexCoord2f(1,1); glTexCoord2f(0,1); but it doesn't. What do I have to do to texture a Polygon correctly (tiled) ? Thanks and Greetings Passi

Advertisement
glTexCoord2f uses two parameters. Notice the 2 at the end? It stands for two paremeters. I'll let you figure out how the paremeters work. We can't do everything for you. Read the nehe tutorial to find out.

After each glTexCoord2f, you need to bind it the a glVertex3f. (also shown how in the nehe tutorial)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!