Stuck in the begining of my book

Started by
44 comments, last by Tigernado 18 years, 9 months ago
If you're doing it in Dev-CPP, try THIS code: (it does the same thing)
// Game Over// A first C++ program#include <iostream>using namespace std;int main(){cout << "Game Over!" << endl;cin.get();}
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
Advertisement
Open up Dev-cpp then click file->New->Project then select Console Application then type a name into the box and press ok, then you can remove the code that generated b y defalut and type yours in.
Quote:Original post by Tigernado
Quote:Original post by dek001
I have that book but dont use bloodsheds compiler and i just installed it and did the game over in a console app and it worked so its worth doing with all source code from that book, I hope It helps.
thanks, but what kind of console application?

A console application is an app that uses the DOS window (in windows, DOS is called the command prompt, or the console). You should have an option to create a Win32 Console app when you create a new project.
I have that book but dont use bloodsheds compiler and i just installed it and did the game over in a console app and it worked so its worth doing with all source code from that book, I hope It helps.
thanks, but what kind of console application?

When you click new project it should come with a box click the console application pic and click ok.
Ah, I see...well I tried that but that didnt work either, this is really strange. This never happend on my old PC...
When u say didnt work what do you mean? did you get any errors??
Try reinstalling Dev-C++. It may be that your installation is corrupted.
Its actually the same error ive been getting the same line,message and everything

Its actually the same error ive been getting the same line,message and everything

if you look on the cd and look in appendices folder and open and read appa.pdf that will tell you how to setup and run your first program with Dev C++
I use Dev c++ and i tried that and it worked perfectly...what book is it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement