Stuck in the begining of my book

Started by
44 comments, last by Tigernado 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I just signed up. Anyways, I just got Beginning C++ Game Programmimg and the common indroductory code....isnt working, so I can't compile it. At first I thought just thought it was my mistake a type or something(I am a beginner after all). But I ran the sorce code on the disc and that doesn't work either. So, what could be wrong? Heres the code: // Game Over // A first C++ program #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Game Over!" << std::endl; return 0; } I'm using Bloodshed Dev-Cpp if you need to know that as well.
Advertisement
What errors are you getting?
--------------------------------A man of few words does not mean he does not have big ideas
what errors when you try to compile?
edit: you win
2 F:\source\chapter01\ (line)2 unable to run program file.

Thats what I keep seeing on both of them
Try copying the source code from the cd onto your hard disk and compiling it from there since the compiler won't be able to make .exe file on the cd since it's read-only.
--------------------------------A man of few words does not mean he does not have big ideas
Quote:Original post by whiz_kid
Try copying the source code from the cd onto your hard disk and compiling it from there since the compiler won't be able to make .exe file on the cd since it's read-only.

I tried that...same error
Are you creating New project>console application ??
Quote:Original post by dek001
Are you creating New project>console application ??
er...I dont think so. It said to do New > Source File & that's what I did.

I have that book but dont use bloodsheds compiler and i just installed it and did the game over in a console app and it worked so its worth doing with all source code from that book, I hope It helps.

*edit* Appendix A on the CD has a how to compile and run your first program in DEV C++ compiler.
Quote:Original post by dek001
I have that book but dont use bloodsheds compiler and i just installed it and did the game over in a console app and it worked so its worth doing with all source code from that book, I hope It helps.
thanks, but what kind of console application?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement