Sign in to follow this  
zander

Looking for a 2D artist for RPG

zander    122
Hello, I am currently developing an RPG with several of my friends -- 1 other programmer and 1 other graphic designer. We are all college students with fields of study in our respective positions on this team. Currently I am looking for another artist that can create extraordinary 2d graphics for the game. This will entail everything from character animations, to gameworld tiles, to graphic interfaces. The graphic style of the game is medieval fantasy. Two things I am looking: talent and ambition. I am a bit selective about who I choose to join my projects, but if you feel that you are interested, then please reply here and give me some way of viewing a portfolio of your previous artwork. -Alex

Salsa    1146
Post some samples of your RPG's progress (if any) - I'm willing to help entirely if I see some real potential for fruition in the game.

zander    122

Graphic Engine Progress:
www.alexkring.com/programming/RPG/scroll.rar

I know this looks like its going to be for a side scroller but its not, i just uploaded side scroller graphics because I need a graphics artist! :D

Anyhow, this is the basic design of the viewport within the local map. Click the mouse somewhere and the viewport centers on that location, much like whenever the character moves, the viewport will center around him. But whenever the viewport gets to an edge, it stops.

This was coded by my friend, the other coder that I asked to join. I have been working on the game's engine and some character control movements, collision detection etc... so most of my stuff you cant really view yet. I assigned my friend to create the tiling application and viewport for the game, and what I posted is his progress so far. Shortly he will send me the files and I will integrate it into the game engine.