Opengl Calls List?

Started by
5 comments, last by Origanlmaxin 18 years, 9 months ago
ok.. i saw in an answer to a thread somewhere on the gamedev forums a link to a site and the site had alot of lists of functions ie: WM_DOES_SOMETHING etc for windows and others.. and then proceded to give a few lines of detail as to what the function was for. but now i cant seem to find it. does anyone have any links to perhaps a site with opengl calls that explains what the different calls are and what each one does?
Advertisement
Are you certain you mean WM_* calls? as those arent OpenGL calls but Win32 message tokens.

If you are CERTAIN, thats what you want then I'll move this thread to a better forum [smile]
no no.. opengl calls are what i want.. that was just a random example..
like the site i saw had more than just opengl on it

im interested in the opengl

better example

glLoadIdentity()

... etc with explanations
MSDN has a fairly good reference.

(Oddly enough, I found that page by typing glLoadIdentity into google and hitting the first result.)
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Sounds like you're looking for the OpenGL reference manual:
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/count.asp?LinkID=611
Quote:Original post by Origanlmaxin
...like the site i saw had more than just opengl on it...
You mean MSDN? They only have OpenGL info up to version 1.1 (I'm assuming 1.1 because that's what windows ships with and there's nothing about multi-texturing). I recommend getting the newest version of the Blue Book. There's a link to an older version of it in the Forum FAQ, although it doesn't work anymore. You should be able to find it somewhere with google.

EDIT: Argh beat twice. Here's Nairb's link if you don't want to copy-paste.

that is exactly what im looking for.. and i think the link i stumbled upon a while ago might have been msdn O_o

thank you very much!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement