Sign in to follow this  
bilstonwarrior

opeing a window on 2 monitors

hi on a dual-monitor setup; using DirectX, any idea where I should start looking to create 2 full-screen windows, 1 on the primary monitor, 1 on the 2nd monitor - all accessed by the one application. I then want to render 2 different things to each screen. thanks for any advice in advance! [Edited by - bilstonwarrior on July 18, 2005 11:02:10 AM]

I haven't done this, but I'm pretty sure you just create two devices and then make all of the render calls through them. You may need to enumerate through the possible video cards in the system to determine the ID's of the two devices to pass into the CreateDevice() method.

IDirect3D9::CreateDevice(UINT Adapter...)

D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT is the primary adapter.
1 or 2 is probably your next adapter (depending on whether 0 is a link or a true adapter).

Use GetAdapterCount() to make sure it's visible in the system. You can then use other functions available to the IDirect3D9 interface to query information on that adapter.

Chris

Quote:
Original post by Supernat02
I haven't done this, but I'm pretty sure you just create two devices and then make all of the render calls through them. You may need to enumerate through the possible video cards in the system to determine the ID's of the two devices to pass into the CreateDevice() method.

IDirect3D9::CreateDevice(UINT Adapter...)

D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT is the primary adapter.
1 or 2 is probably your next adapter (depending on whether 0 is a link or a true adapter).

Use GetAdapterCount() to make sure it's visible in the system. You can then use other functions available to the IDirect3D9 interface to query information on that adapter.

Chris

thank u very much for your response. I now have something up an running