Sign in to follow this  

[.net] FolderBrowserDialog not working

This topic is 4528 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i use the following code to ask user for folder:
FolderBrowserDialog* fb = new FolderBrowserDialog();
System::Windows::Forms::DialogResult res = fb->ShowDialog();

if (fb != DialogResult::OK)
   return;

And this is what i get: Well, as you can see it doesn't work. Maybe someone had similar problem ? And btw, i checked the msdn... [Edited by - Jnz86 on July 19, 2005 8:43:58 AM]

I remember seeing this before. It's a known bug.

Unfortuneately for you, I don't remember the whereabouts, but I'm sure you'll find the answer quite easily with google.

Regards,
jods

The Folderbrowser dialog is a very special dialog for two reasons:
1. It needs special security permissions. So if your code is not running under Full trust (use caspol.exe -rsg to find out about that) you might need to assign the file/folderbrowser permission to your app.
2. It is an ActiveX (COM) control that needs the [STAThread] attribute on the main thread. (Did you remove that???)

Cheers

Quote:

2. It is an ActiveX (COM) control that needs the [STAThread] attribute on the main thread. (Did you remove that???)

my WinMain looks like this:

System::Threading::Thread::CurrentThread->ApartmentState = System::Threading::ApartmentState::STA;

Application::Run(new ptIDE::FormIDE());

so if i understood well the STAThread attribute is OK, right? (Sorry I am new to .NET)

Quote:

1. It needs special security permissions. So if your code is not running under Full trust (use caspol.exe -rsg to find out about that) you might need to assign the file/folderbrowser permission to your app.

I need to check that...

Quote:

Tell me more about it, maybe it's the problem...
Also, maybe you know some kind of link, or smthing which can help me :)

This topic is 4528 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.