• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TIMPAN

Need help ... picking first game ...

This topic is 4752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello ... I am having some trubble deciding what kind of game( C++ ) to make as my first, would you guys help me ? My Xp - All the tutorials on C++ ( www.Gametutorials.com ) up to Stacks and linked lists <- I get them pretty good, but not fluently :-) so to speak. - Made som basic text games ... like Win32 Console Projects with text... ahh lemme give you a demo* /Game start/ - Your standard DOS like window - /Game start/ Choose your character ! Theif / crappy story / + no fights, just walking around using coord variables ... You get it ?? Pretty ... lame heh - Can setup SDL in VS2003

Advertisement
Pong.

Real time control, coordinate based collision detection, basic physics, little rubber balls. It's got it all.

Quote:
Original post by Lacutis
Pong.

Real time control, coordinate based collision detection, basic physics, little rubber balls. It's got it all.

agreed.

Quote:
Original post by Lacutis
Pong.

Seconded. I'm working a on Pong clone right now with allegro. I've been working on it for quite awhile now, and it's actually been "fun" working on it.

Well ... I have tried to setup Allegro but it just CRASHES ...
So SDL ... will it do ?

Quote:
Original post by TIMPAN
Well ... I have tried to setup Allegro but it just CRASHES ...
So SDL ... will it do ?

oh, definitely. Pong is so simple, I'm finding it hard to imagine an API that CANNOT be used to make pong.

Sorry for the dubble post but ... I had to awnser ... no I am not studding SDL.
I just want to learn to program C++.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!