Fun with naming - what to call Wall/Ground/Ceiling class

Started by
20 comments, last by Aidamina 18 years, 9 months ago
How about, TurkeyThigh.
Advertisement
how 'bout ... CAnythingButWall ... CThisIsntAWall ..

seriously now ... Tile sound good.
I'm a Good Person With Bad Intentions
I would suggest the name "Surface". I'm not sure if it is appropriate to use prefixes like "Level" or "World".. I think I would prefer to use namespaces if any ambiguity between different parts of the code occurs (as surface could represent many things).

www.marklightforunity.com | MarkLight: Markup Extension Framework for Unity

Well, you could try "Solid" or "Block"... All of the other good stuff is taken. *Looks accusingly at a mirror, right before it shatters*
Projects:> Thacmus - CMS (PHP 5, MySQL)Paused:> dgi> MegaMan X Crossfire
How about Boundary? Or WorldBoundary? CGW?
Quite a selection here! [grin]

I'm going to slap together two and make "WorldCollisionSurface". I hope its verbosity won't be a problem. Thanks for all the ideas. [smile]
I seriously believe the biggest impediment to true Object Oriented coding is thinking of The Perfect classname.
I eat heart attacks
I would'nt worry too much about the class name anyway. You'll soon find out if there is something wrong with the one you chose and with a decent IDE it should'nt be difficult to change the name of the class later.

www.marklightforunity.com | MarkLight: Markup Extension Framework for Unity

Yeah, Notepad would work fine. It has find/replace.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

Use inhertance and name is whatever you want, which also aid in the future when u may need to have distinctions between the types. Just remember than cObject can only communicate with cFloor via virtual functions but cFloor knows all of cObject.

class cObject;
class cFloor : public cObject;

CheckCollision(cObject *pObject);

But this is assuming ur using c++...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement