Weirdest bug that's ever bitten me

Started by
1 comment, last by NTense 18 years, 9 months ago
This is really strange. I've created some new classes for my project, and when I went to test them, I came across a really weird bug. In tracing through my code at runtime, my new classes jump into their constructors, but the member assignments in the constructors don't take. Here's a screenshot of one of the classes (a simple 2D bounding box). It doesn't take any arguements, just zero's the float values (all of these fields are just regular floats). But as you can see from the screenshot, my trace is at the end of the constructor, and the values in the debug panel at the bottom are junk values, not zero. The weird part is no error pops up until one of my objects gets used and the values stored in the variables are so out of whack that errors start flying :) Any ideas?
Advertisement
Are you debugging the Release configuration, perhaps? Just checking.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
Oh My GOSH!!!! Just hand me my Dunce hat now.. I had put it in release mode a few days ago to do some rendering speed comparisons, and never set it back! Well, anyway, thank you John.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement