• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
glJack

OpenGL Direct 3D specify front faces

This topic is 4751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In OpenGL when I need to specify front faces vertex order I use glFrontFace(GL_CW/GL_CCW) function How to do the same thing it D3D? I tried to do it using: pDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_CULLMODE, D3DCULL_CCW(D3DCULL_CW) ); But this function call doesn't seem to do anything no matter what I specify D3DCULL_CCW or D3DCULL_CW. Help me please, I'm confused.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by ReaVeR-Andrey
It's inverse (specifying D3DCULL_CW means that clockwise faces should not be drawn): that was my big mistake for a long time.

Yes, I know that it's inverse since D3D uses left handed coord system. But my problem is that this function doesn't seem to change front faces at all.

Quote:
Original post by Coder
The function does work. You've got to be doing something wrong.

I probably do smth wrong.
Here is a code snippet:

pDevice->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, &World);
pDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_CULLMODE, D3DCULL_CW);
pDevice->SetRenderTarget(0, pRenderSurface[1]);
pDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET | D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(155, 0, 0), 1.0f, 0);
setup_reflection_transform_d3d(pDevice, vec3(0,0,0), vec3(1,0,0), vec3(0,1,0) );
pDevice->BeginScene();
render_scene();
pDevice->EndScene();

[Edited by - glJack on July 18, 2005 7:18:52 PM]

Thanx for help gyus!
I fixed the bug. Now everything works fine.

It was my fault :) I just called SetRenderState(D3DRS_CULLMODE, D3DCULL_CCW) in a wrong place..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!