• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
capn_midnight

3H-GDC m.II **** The results are in ****

This topic is 4677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I first read the subject I was thinking this was going to be about some computer virus someone can't get rid of.. =P A thought.. perhaps announce a simple theme to void out those who have pre-existing projects but basically anything goes otherwise. I imagine for a 3 hour compo you already have to be pretty comfortable with what you are going to be working with.

---
Michael Tanczos

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by TANSTAAFL
Permissable to use PopCap game framework?

As long as you abide by the lisence agreement, I don't see why not. I just read over the information on the site and it actually looks pretty cool. When I get home tonight I will register and download the framework to fully evaluate it, but it doesn't look like it should be a problem.

If there are more than twenty legitimate entries, then I'll donate to the winner any programming-related book or books whose total retail value (not including shipping) is below $100. (Disclaimer: If you win, you'll need to provide certain personal information required for shipping, like your name and address. Or, if you live near Charlottesville, I can just give it to you.)

Quote:
Original post by capn_midnight
If anyone wants to volunteer as a Judge ...

I'll volunteer:

Processor: Pentium D 2.8 GHz dual-core EM64-T
GFX: Sapphire X800 Pro 256 MB
Memory: 2048 MB (4 x 512 MB) DDR2 RAM PC2-4300
Sound: Sound Blaster Pro
Other Software: Java 5, Microsoft.NET 1.1, Microsoft.NET 2.0, DX 9.0c (June 2005)

Quote:
*I believe prizes of greater value require some sort of legallitization stuff. Is there a lawyer-wanna-be in the house?

Can you be more specific? This isn't a sweepstakes (where everybody has an equal chance) -- it's a competition -- so most of those kinds of rules don't apply.

Can base code include stuff like math libs and error handling etc? Also, would you really want it all - renderers, yes, but input & sound managers and math libs just seem a bit pointless... they never really vary in quality like renderers do.

-Mezz

I wanna volunteer to judge, system specs as follows:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 512MB DDR
GFX: Radeon 9800 Pro 128
Sound: On Board
Other Software: Java 5, .Net 1.1, DX9c, and anything else needed (willing to download).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!