Linear algebra, a question.

Started by
4 comments, last by FlowingOoze 18 years, 9 months ago
If I have a linear operator: T:V->V The operator of the complexity of V is: ^T(u+iv) = T(u)+iT(v) Then ^(T*) = (^T)* However, I dont understand why it is true, because: ^(T*)(u+iv) = T*(u)+iT*(v) (^T)*(u+iv) = (T(u)+iT(v))* = T*(u)-iT*(v) Where I am wrong? Thanks in advance.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Advertisement
What do you mean by "^" operator?

And also:
(a + b)* = a* + b*
(a * b)* = a* * b*
So:
(T(v))* = T*(v*) != T*(v)
So I doubt your last equation is true.
Quote:Original post by deffer
What do you mean by "^" operator?

And also:
(a + b)* = a* + b*
(a * b)* = a* * b*
So:
(T(v))* = T*(v*) != T*(v)
So I doubt your last equation is true.

^T, is what I defined:
Lets say ^T = S(T).
Then
S(T)(u+iv) = T(u)+iT(v)
u and v are reals so it doesnt matter if they have * or not.
The claim is that: (S(T))* = S(T*)

Its suppose to be an expantion of Real linear operator on a Real vector space into a complex linear operator on a complex vector space.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Please justify this thread. Remember, the forum focuses on game development and not math in general. The question (and the other related thread) looks like school work, which violates forum policy. Review the Forum FAQ for details.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
Its not school HW, I am just trying to understand the material. but if it needs to be related to game development, then I wont ask such question anymore.
Quote:
(^T)*(u+iv) = (T(u)+iT(v))* = T*(u)-iT*(v)

Shouldn't that be
(^T)*(u+iv) = (T(u)+iT(v))* = T(u)-iT(v)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement