The process of games design and production...

Started by
2 comments, last by Obscure 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I'm writing to request the creation of an article or at least a series of breif steps outlining the stages games go through from initial conception to hitting the shelves. I would just like to understand the processes and methodology of creation a little better, and on a more detailed level. I think if someone with this knowledge could help me with an article or post the series of steps I'd grasp it alot better. This would include the creation of game engines, designing character meshes, sound implementation, seeking a publisher, etc. Just the regular procedures encountered when developing any standard modern game with a team of people. If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreaciate it. -Greg
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Souljah
Hi, I'm writing to request the creation of an article ...

This would include the creation of game engines,
designing character meshes,
sound implementation,
seeking a publisher, etc.

That's at least four article just there.

Before asking someone to spend weeks writing all there is to know about game development I suggest you search the articles on this site and also try Google. There are a lot of articles already out there for anyone who can be bothered to do a little research.

You can also check out http://www.obscure.co.uk/articles.shtml and http://www.sloperama.com
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Dan, why not tell the OP to "mug a game developer"? :)

All kidding aside, yes, gamedev.net has a huge archive of articles which I'm sure will be helpful to you, Souljah.

Regards,

-Razorguts
AB HarrisEngineer, RG Studios
Quote:Original post by Razorguts
Dan, why not tell the OP to "mug a game developer"? :)
Nah, mugging is good if you want to make a quick buck, but for learning you need to kidnap the developer and keep them prisoner in a dungeon, torturing them (play Barry Manilow records) until they teach you everything they know.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement