Sign in to follow this  
PaulCunningham

Win a FREE copy of Alien Abduction

That's right, I'm giving away FREE copies of my game Alien Abduction How do you get one? Well, all you have to do is download the demo, play the game and post your score online. Come in the top 5 on the online high score table and the full version is yours. You've got until the end of August to register your best score. Rules Progression game mode. Only your highest score counts. Any 'PUMPKIN' entries are mine and obviously do not count - so you could be outside the top 5 and still be a winner! To stop any 'I'm Spartacus' moments to claim your prize you'll need to confirm the IPAddress allocated when you posted your winning score, so make sure you know how to get it and store it somewhere safe. When the competition closes send me an email with the IPAddress on it to confirm your identity. Judges decision is final, blah, blah, blah, etc. Email address to claim your prize is: paul DOT cunningham AT pumpkin DASH games DOT net Have fun and play fair!

Do all high scores count?

If you're interested, we've had a number of threads here on GameDev about how to construct a secure online highscore table.

Hmmm, I'm checking posted details against an encrypted key.

Care to email me and tell me how you did it so I can stop it happening again?

At least it was a friendly hack :)

Quote:
Original post by Michalson
If you're interested, we've had a number of threads here on GameDev about how to construct a secure online highscore table.

All your highscores are belong to Michalson [grin]

Unfortunately, it's a high score comp not a Photoshop skills / Windows hook contest so Michalson is still TEH 133735T H4X0R ;)

Hopefully it's a stupid typo in my script and not a major design flaw. Just waiting for the man to let me know how he did it :)

Quote:
Original post by ScootA
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Aren't windows hooks fun? I'll tell the postman to expect it...

You do realize my score was removed from that table some time ago. Also, you did not use the right font for your score.

Of course what makes it really pathetic is that you edited it in paint, rather then just saving a local copy of the page, editing the HTML, and taking a screenshot of the "real" thing.

Edit: Oh, and there is an email in your box (or moving though some electronic post office)

Quote:

Of course what makes it really pathetic <blah blah blah>...

Shhhh... there's really no need for that

On an related note, two observations about the graphics. The first is that the in game text could be a bit more opaque. The second is that at least on higher resolution monitors the particles develop obvious square borders around them:

(All in Wonder Radeon 9800 Pro, click for full lossless version)

Quote:
On an related note, two observations about the graphics. The first is that the in game text could be a bit more opaque. The second is that at least on higher resolution monitors the particles develop obvious square borders around them:

(All in Wonder Radeon 9800 Pro, click for full lossless version)

The semi transparent hud text is a design statement! The square borders is a problem though - I'll get them sorted.

Quote:
Original post by evelyn
Btw, the link for the high score table now comes back as invalid....where'd it go?

I temporarily disabled it while I removed your illegal score :)

If I spent less time administering this I could write some more games ;) My own fault I guess.

Quote:
PaulCunningham - I temporarily disabled it while I removed your illegal score :)

How was it illegal?..I admit I was shocked myself :)

Wahey, climbing my way up the table there. Given some time, I'm sure I can challenge the top.

Tidy little game there mate. Certainly got that Space Tripper feel right.

Quote:

Hahaha, my hero!

Sign in to follow this