Calling all game testers!!!

Started by
7 comments, last by xanin 18 years, 9 months ago
Hey everyone, In short, I am a recent Computer Science grad trying to break into the game industry..life long goal and the main reason I went to Univ. After two interviews with a very large game development house I still have yet to land that dream job based on my lack of expereince (and less then stellar grades..:-) So for the last three months I have been working on a project I have long wanted to do...a full blown 3D engine capable of creating great indie games with the goal of catching someones eye and landing an entry level position. My project is in the final stages of development and I am in great need of testers to simply go to my web site (www.tobinsgames.com) , download the test version, run it and email me your FPS/Tris per second. Along with any other comments you feel necessary. As you can imagine it is crucial that my demo run well on any number of video card/cpu configs. Being that Gamedev.net is my home - away from home what better place to find willing participants??? ;-) So, if you find time to go to www.tobinsgames.com and download "inner View - Spirit of a Game Developer" and write me at feedback@tobinsgames.com I would be *most* appreciative. Cheers, Tobin PS: The demo currently weighs in at 72 meg (doH), so those with weak conns. may wish to stay far away..;-)
Advertisement
Tobin's Games
Download InnerView (the program to test)
Email your feedback

it helps to linkify at GameDev ;)
when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Damn straight,

Thanks a bunch..;-) I was missing that...
Well, on my laptop (2.8ghz Celeron, 512mb ram, ATI Radeon Mobility 7-somehting (I forgot)) it takes forever to load and then after saying "Loading Objects" goes to a white screen and then closes itself, all in a very painfully slow manner.
Well that certainly is no good..;-0

I have put a version online that is much smaller (35 meg) and runs more than 2x as fast...the only culprit I can imagine is the heavy texture load, you CPU and Ram is more than enough.

If you could be so kind as to uninstall, download the 35 meg version and give It a whirl I would appreciate it.

Peace
www.tobinsgames.com
Well, I still had no luck - same results. I popped open the render device logfile, this is what it says:

[ASP_D3DDevice]: online (waiting for initialization call)
[ASP_D3DDevice]: calling dialog
[ASP_D3DDevice]: dialog finished
[ASP_D3DDevice]: firing up MS Direct3D
[ASP_D3DDevice]: initialized (online and ready)
[ASP_D3DDevice]: ADAPTERINFO: {
[ASP_D3DDevice]: adapter only features software TnL
[ASP_D3DDevice]: max. texture stages: 8
[ASP_D3DDevice]: max. textures for single pass: 3
[ASP_D3DDevice]: max. texture width: 2048
[ASP_D3DDevice]: max. texture height: 2048
[ASP_D3DDevice]: Vertex Shader Version 1.0
[ASP_D3DDevice]: Pixel Shader Version 1.0
[ASP_D3DDevice]: } ENDINFO
[ASP_D3DDevice]: DISPLAYINFO {
[ASP_D3DDevice]: Resolution: 1024x768
[ASP_D3DDevice]: Refreshrate: 60
[ASP_D3DDevice]: Pixelformat: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
[ASP_D3DDevice]: Depth/Stencil: D3DFMT_D24S8
[ASP_D3DDevice]: } ENDINFO
[ASP_D3DDevice]: SIMD compatible CPU detected => using fast math
[ASP_D3DSkinMn]: online
[ASP_D3DVCMngr]: online
[ASP_D3DDevice]: warning: Pixel Shader Version < 1.1 => no support
[ASP_D3DDevice]: one time scene init complete

I'll give it a shot in a day or two on my main box when I get a chance.
Hmmm...well it seems that the lack of shader support is the problem...

How old is your video card? Im curious is pixel shader 1.1 is mainstream or not..
dunno, but BF2 fucked off anything less then 1.4
Roger that, lets run like hell!
Well, the laptop itself is less than a year old, but the Radeon Mobility 7X-whatever isn't a very young chipset. Unfortunately, my laptop isnt exactly a gaming beast.

As per the shader support- I believe GeForce3's and up should have support, and ATI-8x and up - though I may be incorrect about that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement