balloon

Started by
4 comments, last by onnel 18 years, 9 months ago
Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial to implement a balloon function in my 2d engine?
Advertisement
You mean the physics of a ballon? Or the rendering part?
Quote:Original post by Mizipzor

the balloon like the window when you read a poster in a rpg
Quote:Original post by NighTiger
Quote:Original post by Mizipzor

the balloon like the window when you read a poster in a rpg

Depends on what you're looking for. Do you want it to open in an animated way, fade in/out, just suddenly appear, etc.? Do you need support for more than one screen of text/imagery by pressing a button? Do you want to tie it into scripting, or are you just looking for a tutorial on the graphical part - which, at its' simplest, is just displaying a 2D image on screen and then overlaying something on it. Do you need to have it originating from a character on-screen? Do you need to take into account that if your character is at the bottom, the text-box appears at the top, and vice versa?

These are just some of the questions you need to answer before getting any help with the implementation. Otherwise we're just taking a shot in the dark!
Life's Short. Make Games.
I'm looking for a simple way to implement it :)
The simplest way is to simply draw a rectangle in front of and perpendicular to the camera (search on billboarding) and have a texture for it which creates the "bubble" as well as the text within it.

Onnel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement