delete

Started by
4 comments, last by orcfan32 18 years, 9 months ago
delete [Edited by - LEdxP37 on April 29, 2007 1:47:17 PM]
Advertisement
MD2 is OK, but it uses Keyframe animation. Quake 2 used it. I like it. For me, most others either have too much or are missing something. OBJ as far as I know is good, but has no animation. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know, but I've seen posted that the MD3 and MD5(Doom 3) formats are good too.

www.collada.org
the FBX is supposed to be a very good format teh is supported by all major 3d modelling programs.
good evening,

in general, there is no "perfect" model format; depending on the case for use, there should be different features; so, there is chance to call one distinct format as the definitive best one.
In the learing curve, some one may be best settled with a "standard" model format like .3DS, .MD2/MD3 or similar - but when it comes down to a level of a very specific application, there may be some things which may be found/not found on all/none formats; the best way would be to write your own format, by using the SDK of your favorite modeling application.

Gather some more experience, and you will see pro's and con's of different formats for yourself; and very fast you will catch up with the desires for your "optimal" format; and this format may be an own construction, depending on your cases for use.

Alex BakerComputer science is dealing with computers as much as astronomy is dealing with telescopes.
Quote:Original post by 3dmodelerguy
the FBX is supposed to be a very good format teh is supported by all major 3d modelling programs.

The filmbox extension eh? How easy is it to read from it?
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement