Sign in to follow this  
LifeOfTamir

Been out for 10months or more...

Good Evening all, I've been out of touch with the programming world for about 10months or so and have decided it's time to get back on track. All my old projects were built in VC++6 and since that is no longer supported i've decided to download the new June2005 DX9 and Visual Studio Express and start using that. A couple of questions. Last time i used Visual Express it was a disaster. I couldn't debug, it ruined my project and i had to start all over from scratch. Good job back then i was at the beginning of my project...maybe over a year ago now. I would like to know if that problem is still there and also if people think this is a good idea or if i should just stick to good old VC6 and the old DX9. Advice / opinions would be greatly appreciated. Tamir ---edit--- Read in the FAQ that you [i]can[/] use latest DX9 with VC++6 would also like to know of peoples opinion of just sticking to VC++6 with the [i]new[/] DX9

Make sure to add environment variables SYSTEM, PATH, and INCLUDE to both your environment (obviously) and the Visual Studio 8\VC\vcpackages\VCProjectEngine.Dll.Express.Config.

Maybe it's just my install, but I can't modify directories in Express, and it created much frustration when trying to link to DX.