[.net] AutoScaleBaseSize to what in .NET 2.0?

Started by
5 comments, last by DrGUI 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi! I've just moved to the VS 2005 Beta 2 and I've banished the key file signing warnings (using the project properties rather than attribute) but I don't know what to change this to.
this.AutoScaleBaseSize = new System.Drawing.Size(5, 13);
is in all of my forms - I've read up on auto scaling so can I just change this to AutoScaleDimensions? Thanks EDIT: also, how would I disambiguate this:
<see cref="TrimToSize"/>
would I put "TrimToSize()" or "TrimToSize(bool)" ? I've never done that before :D
Advertisement

Have a look at the following post, it referances a link on MS regarding the change.

Inner Realm - Obsolete code in sample framework
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
Thanks - but no replies yet. They seem to be the same thing - but I think it said that AutoScaleDimensions just has higher precision :S
Yeah AutoScaleBaseSize has been the bane of my Windows Forms experience for the last few years because it takes a Size struct (int) not a SizeF struct (float).

Obviously this gives innaccuracies when scaling the form to non standard dpi settings as only integer math is used to determine what size all the controls should be :/

This is fixed in .NET 2.0 as the property is replaced with a floating point alternative (AutoScaleDimensions).
I've already ready slammed the plastic world through the loop to the girl in the fire. If you don't hold your colour, the sounds of life will beckon you to the terminal, by which time, you'll definately be out there.
I set it to an integer Size - I just changed the name. Didn't get a compilation error though :S

Thanks
Yeah it will should accept that aswell, it's just it will also take floating point sizes :)
I've already ready slammed the plastic world through the loop to the girl in the fire. If you don't hold your colour, the sounds of life will beckon you to the terminal, by which time, you'll definately be out there.
Thanks for your help jystic.

EDIT: did I rate you wrongly? Your rating was 1006, I rated you helpful then it was 1002! I don't think it will let me rate again...I'm sure I had the right option selected...
Logged out and in again - I had selected the right option (yay something not my fault)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement