VS.Net 2003 bracket matching

Started by
4 comments, last by spythebeast 18 years, 9 months ago
Is there any way to make Visual Studio.Net 2003 show which open curley brackets match which close curly brackets? Cheers
Advertisement
Mine does it automatically. When I go and put the closing } or ) it makes bold the corrosponding { or (. I don't know where this would be turned on but took me a while to notice it was happening. Give it a try. If not it's in the options someplace that's for sure.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Hmmm... that's how mine acts by default.

Are you programming in C/C++?

Hit the "-" or "+" to close/open the brackets... that should show you how the code is divided into blocks.
my_life:          nop          jmp my_life
[ Keep track of your TDD cycle using "The Death Star" ] [ Verge Video Editor Support Forums ] [ Principles of Verg-o-nomics ] [ "t00t-orials" ]
c#..

when I put a close bracket in , it shows me the corrosponding open bracket, but what I'd like to be able to do if possible is just to click on a close or open bracket and have it show me which other bracket matches it, I've seen this done in other IDE's.

It would just be useful when reading somebody elses code where there is allot of indentation etc.
Mine shows the match automatically as you type, as the others have said. You can also type CTRL-] to jump between brackets. Fancy usage of #if blocks may break the matching.
Quote:Original post by Namethatnobodyelsetook
Mine shows the match automatically as you type, as the others have said. You can also type CTRL-] to jump between brackets. Fancy usage of #if blocks may break the matching.

ah yes , Ctrl } does the trick , thanks :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement