I am a newbie among newbies! And I need help.

Started by
3 comments, last by Chad Smith 18 years, 9 months ago
I know this has probably been asked ten thousand times before, but lets make it ten thousand and one, eh? I want to learn how to program games in C++. My problem is how I learn... I can't be given a list of commands and what they do and except to make a program, because I forget them to easily. I need examples! I need code snippits that I can put in my Dev C++ compiler and change to see if that works. So what I am asking, are their tutorials like this on the web? I need basic, basic tutorials. The newbiest of tutorials. A little past "Hello World" to be exact. :)
Advertisement
I can help you with that, if you are totally new to C++, and want more past Hello World go to www.cplus.about.com

It really helped me grasp the basics on C++ before I went into Win32
Hello I'm an avergage C++ programmer and a beginner game programmer. Help me all you can thanks.
Thanks for the link, looking at it now. :)
Every tutorial I've seen had code examples. That's pretty much the entire point in tutorials. [wink]
You might have stumbled across a C++ reference, since you mention "a list of commands and what they do". Tutorials don't usually do that, they walk you through some code examples, just like you're asking for.

So just [google] for C++ tutorials. :)
Other than that, I recommend buying a book about it. They tend to cover everything in more detail, and explain the code parts better too.
A site I got to that I am learning from is http://www.cprogramming.com/ Just click the tutorials link in the menu links. Starts at basics and goes up. Take the quiz at the end too, to make sure you learned the basics of what they were talking about. Also, another good thing to do is create some programs about what you learned. Test them out,change some stuff on it to learn more,and stuff like that.

Chad

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement