Sign in to follow this  

Adding Libraries to VS.NET 2003 AND adding graphical resources to Dev-C++ and MingGW

This topic is 4529 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello - I am currently learning to use the Allegro game libraries, and I have a problem (Under the guidance of 'Game programming all in one' by Harbour). Visual Studio.NET 2003: In Visual Studio, I am well aware how to load up a new bitmap into the project - That's easy. And I would like to use VS.NET for my projects, and going through this book. However, I have no idea how to add the Allegro libraries into the IDE. The appendix says how to do it in VC++ 6.0 - But it seems he is using menu items I do not have...And I've looked everywhere for em. (I highly suspect 'External tools...' is the way to go, but that screen confuses me.). MinGW and Dev-C++: I thought I cracked the problem of adding the Allegro library to MinGW, but alas it failed...Any help on that would be appreciated. As for Dev-C++ - That was easy to install Allegro on! However...In one of the examples, you project a bitmap of your choice onto the programmes window - So I follow all instructions carefully, and my programme can't find the file I'm indicating, and this is due to to..... I can't seem to be able to add image files to Dev-C++ nor MinGW....Perhaps I've been spoilt by VS.NET...I would like any and all help on how to call a graphic (and any other external file) into my programmes...As I am now ready for beginning graphics programming!!! (I was thinking making a new file in the projects file - and then the functions to look for an image file will bring it from an external file - Much like I/O saving and loading...But I didn't want to muck about, and would of liked some definate answer on the matter. Thanks for any help in advance, Twigstar

Hmm, my assumption was right - so that was a waste of a question - And that documentation assumes I already have it installed - But I suppose I should pain myself to read documentation : p.

Cheers for the reply (and link to the documentation),

Twigstar

This topic is 4529 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.