Reasons for fighting?

Started by
23 comments, last by Iron Chef Carnage 18 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Ronenriku
Quote:Original post by Jiia
Quote:Original post by someboddy
People want to do in video games what they can't do in real life.

Yes, but hopefully killing randomly isn't one of them.

In GTA it is.

Maybe for you. I very specifically target the police. I have this little scenario thing I do to start the fight. I 'accidently' scrape against a police car, and attempt to get out and apologize to the good officer. When I do so, the guy all of a sudden starts beating me with his night stick! When I jump up on the hood of my car to escape, he starts firing his gun at me! From then, it's on. I kill him, his friends come, they die, and so on. None of it was my fault.

I try to avoid civilian casualties, unless I get robbed or attacked. There's not much satisfaction for me in running down dumb cattle AI. I don't feel very sad when I accidently do, though.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by someboddyPeople will go to jail if they kill someone else in real life, but in video games, they won't(and even if they will, they can easily escape).
In Americas Army, in the tutorial if you shot your instructor you ended up in jail. I didn't find a way out of there(except start a new tut). cause->effect...

Quote:Original post by TomAnd what did I get out of it? Absolutely nothing. Not even a "congratulations, you did the right thing."

What should happen instead for a uber-great-game? congrats? more than 50% silent per chapter to get a bonus level? hi-score for best silent takedowns(and perhaps videos(realtime) of them aswell)?
Quote:People will go to jail if they kill someone else in real life, but in video games, they won't(and even if they will, they can easily escape).

I really hope this is not your only reason for not killing in real life.

Hell no!!! Do you have any idea how much dry-cleaning cost where I leave?
-----------------------------------------Everyboddy need someboddy!
Quote:Original post by someboddy
Quote:People will go to jail if they kill someone else in real life, but in video games, they won't(and even if they will, they can easily escape).

I really hope this is not your only reason for not killing in real life.

Hell no!!! Do you have any idea how much dry-cleaning cost where I leave?

You're forgetting that dead people don't need clothes. ;)
But I like my clothes, and they tend to get blood on them when I use my phased plasma rifle at point-blank range. And let's face it, if you can't feel the gibs, you may as well be playing a video game.

Violence is the simplest form of conflict. It's the easiest to emulate and the easiest to market. It's also the easiest to understand when you're trying to wrap your mind around the relationship between a little grey joystick and James Bond's legs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement