Sign in to follow this  

vb problem

This topic is 4533 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My code as below Dim acc As Integer, cnt As Integer Private Sub Form_Load() acc = 0 cnt = 0 End Sub Private Sub Timer1_Timer() cnt = cnt + 1 Shape1.Left = Shape1.Left + acc * cnt * cnt / 2 End Sub Private Sub Form1_KeyDown(keycode As Integer, shift As Integer) Select Case keycode Case vbKeyUp Print acc If acc < 6 Then acc = acc + 1 Case vbKeyDown Print acc If acc > 0 Then acc = acc - 1 End Select End Sub I want to use UP and DOWN keys to control a Circle to accelerate and deccelerat. But the code doesn't work. I don't know what's wrong with it.

Does your form have the focus when you press the buttons? Have you checked to make sure that the Key events are actually running by putting a breakpoint in your code and running?

Does your form have any Command buttons, TextBoxes, PictureBoxes, etc? If so, they could keep the focus from the Form, and thus the KeyDown event won't be reached.

I made a mistake here:

"Private Sub Form1_KeyDown(keycode As Integer, shift As Integer)"

It should be:

"Private Sub Form_KeyDown(keycode As Integer, shift As Integer)"

Thanks.

This topic is 4533 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.