Sign in to follow this  

[.net] MDX App Build Problems (exe vs in-ide)

This topic is 4526 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am developing a game and it is coming close to the point where I will distribute it for testing. There is a major problem that I just have not had the time to focus on yet. When I build the game through the IDE with both Debug and Release mode the images (drawn via Direct3D Sprites) show. When I run the exe via Windows Explorer, again both Debug and Release, the images (sprites) do not show. However the SDK GUI does always appear, no matter which version I run. So, does anyone understand what could be happening, or perhaps maybe it is something I did...? Anyone have any ideas...? If you want to take a look at the code... You can download it here. The game is built in C#, VS.net 2003 and MDX9 June SDK Release, although the same problem has occured since when I started (several releases ago). Thanks for the help!

hrm, I guess no one knows...

Ok, I found something else out, I tried running it through Beta 2 of vs2005 and it doesn't work. This is on a clean install of XP, SP2, Dx9 June and VS2005 Beta 2 Team Suite... This is really starting to get frustrating...

[Edited by - Krisc on July 21, 2005 12:55:36 AM]

We had very similar problems some time ago. I would highly recommend copying the MDX dlls to the output folder (I believe that is a property you can set for a referenced dll). You should distribute the dlls with the app.

We struggled for quite a while trying to figure out why our app was having problems. Don't know if it will help, but it's worth a shot...

This topic is 4526 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.