[.net] MDX App Build Problems (exe vs in-ide)

Started by
6 comments, last by Krisc 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I am developing a game and it is coming close to the point where I will distribute it for testing. There is a major problem that I just have not had the time to focus on yet. When I build the game through the IDE with both Debug and Release mode the images (drawn via Direct3D Sprites) show. When I run the exe via Windows Explorer, again both Debug and Release, the images (sprites) do not show. However the SDK GUI does always appear, no matter which version I run. So, does anyone understand what could be happening, or perhaps maybe it is something I did...? Anyone have any ideas...? If you want to take a look at the code... You can download it here. The game is built in C#, VS.net 2003 and MDX9 June SDK Release, although the same problem has occured since when I started (several releases ago). Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Have you checked to make sure it is looking in the right place for the image files? I think it would throw an exception if that was a problem, but just to check.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
Yeah, it throws an exception if I move the image files to some sort other folder.
hrm, I guess no one knows...

Ok, I found something else out, I tried running it through Beta 2 of vs2005 and it doesn't work. This is on a clean install of XP, SP2, Dx9 June and VS2005 Beta 2 Team Suite... This is really starting to get frustrating...

[Edited by - Krisc on July 21, 2005 12:55:36 AM]
We had very similar problems some time ago. I would highly recommend copying the MDX dlls to the output folder (I believe that is a property you can set for a referenced dll). You should distribute the dlls with the app.

We struggled for quite a while trying to figure out why our app was having problems. Don't know if it will help, but it's worth a shot...
Do you mean to move the actual DirectX DLL's into the working folder and reference them from there...?
I found the setting, but it didn't change anything. :(

The bitmap shows for a split second but then dissappears.

[Edited by - Krisc on July 21, 2005 8:56:31 PM]
Ok,

Sprite.Draw works...

what is up with (Sprite.Draw2D vs Sprite.Draw) vs (Running in IDE vs Running Stand-Alone EXE File)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement