Sign in to follow this  
SKonen

Texture Offsets

SKonen    122
I'm in the process of expirementing with the creation of a C++ 2D engine and am having some fustrations dealing with texture offsets for sprites. Currently I'm loading a texture from an image which has four 32x32 boxes in a row (128x32). Then jumping down the road abit I set the texture coordinates for a square like this: left = (1.0f/fFullTextureWidth)*(float)m_rectTexture.left; right = (1.0f/fFullTextureWidth)*(float)m_rectTexture.right; So for example if the texture width is 128 and m_rectTexture.left is 32 and m_rectTexture.right is 64, left will be 0.5 and right will be 0.75. This all works perfectly for the sprites with a scale of x = 1, y = 1. But if I change it to say: 1.5 and 1.5, I get a vertical line of 1 pixel width from the previous 32x32 square. Stangely, if I set x scaling to 1.5, and y to 1, it'll work just fine without any "bleeding". Various scalings will work fine such as 2 and 2, but others won't. How do I fix this? Is there a way to "bind" the UV coordinates to ensure nothing outside of them is used (though I thought that was the entire point of UV coordinates). Thanks in advance. If I get a really helpful answer, I may be willing to "donate" some funds ;)

Cambo_frog    855
The 1 pixel out thing sounds like the "Directly Mapping Texels to Pixels" problem.
Search on "Directly Mapping Texels to Pixels" in the SDK help file.

HTH,
Cambo_frog

Drakex    273
It might also have to do with texture filtering. Try setting the sampler states' min/mag filters to point. Only problem is then the sprites look kind of "pixelated" when scaled.. hmm..