• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tstrimp

Annoying Problem (SDL Related?)

This topic is 4749 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been using SDL with code::blocks but can't seem to launch programs from windows. They compile and run as expected from within the compiler and they run fine when ran from a command prompt but do nothing when ran from the explorer. If I put the command to launch them in a batch file they run fine too. Any idea what the problem might be?

Advertisement
If you run them via a shortcut does it work? Does changing the working directory affect it?

For that matter, if you make an app which doesn't use SDL, can you run it from explorer?

Quote:
Original post by Squirm
If you run them via a shortcut does it work? Does changing the working directory affect it?

For that matter, if you make an app which doesn't use SDL, can you run it from explorer?

Shortcuts do not work either. I created a console Hello World app and it ran as expected.

Zip File. The .exe is in there along with the batch file to run it since the .exe doesn't seem to want to run.

Edit: Source is in there too.

This couldn't be a problem with the code could it? I don't have the slightest idea what would make it not run from the GUI but launch fine from the CLI.

It launched correctly through Windows 98. I'd suggest messing around with it a bit more. Write a message to a log file after each line of code in main, so you can see where it goes off the rails. Try cutting the xml file and doing the bare minimum to create the window. Try using a different version of the SDL library if they're available.

Are the dlls in the same folder? I would expect that to fail on some sort of "I can't find your dll, I am sad now" dialogue box but you never know.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!