• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mp3butcher

OpenGL projection textures:opengl multipass or by hand matrix computations

This topic is 4869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't know if the msg is coherent but a response could give me what i need i want to project objects by perspective projection on multiple layer plane... But I'm afraid multipass render ( one for each layer ) would reduce fps . Then i would like to know if some "by-hand" techniques help me to do that without several opengl pipeline pass ( i thought using hardware matrix calculation to compute my projection textures ) PS: This question may be non-sense ...

Advertisement
If you want to display projected textures then you don't need to do multipass rendering - you can simply apply another texture to all objects and make vertex shader to compute its texture coordinates

I think I wasn't clear enough in my msg ( I'm french :)
I have an huge amount of objects that i want to manage using multiple pre-processed 2d layers plane (textures) that i update using priority for each one in order to have a simulation with honourable fps rate when i move the camera ( updating when my layers when CPU have time and update priority gives to layer plane that is the nearest to my eye ) ...
And my question is :
what technique should i use to compute a texture layer :
use an opengl pipeline pass and take resulting image as a texture or if it exists use a technique more performant...
tell me if this message is not on the good forum...
PS my Gforce cant stand shaders...MX400 ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!