• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
blood_vengeance

best map creator

This topic is 4779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Q3Radiant is quite good, if your making quake 3 levels. Not much use for sim city though.

Quote:
Original post by Squirm
Q3Radiant is quite good, if your making quake 3 levels. Not much use for sim city though.

I trying to makea game from scratch would this map editor work with any engine or would I have to make a quake type game

well im making a mmo(rpg/fps)

you travel around in a world of warcraft type world but you get challenges or clan matches it reverts to halo/quake maps

I need a map creatror for the halo/quake type maps

In that case I would suggest you use the .map format - there are a lot of editors which handle it and it's easy to parse. Q3Radiant is one, but also the HL1 map editor, the original quake editors, the list goes on. Not only that, but there are open source games which use them, so the code for loading maps is there to be learnt from if you need it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!