[java] Original 2D space shooter game

Started by
11 comments, last by role 18 years, 9 months ago
Please try out this game: Applet: http://www.istisoft.net/online/cyberion/cyberion.html For anyone that don't like applet or want to play it offline, download the game zip: http://www.istisoft.net/Download/cyberion.zip Comments, suggestions, bugs report?
-------------Golden T Game Engine - Java Game EngineGolden T Website | Golden T Forum
Advertisement
Nice game. The only thing I didn't like is that most enemies just move in a straight line.
-----------------------------------------Everyboddy need someboddy!
It's better than my 2D space shooter :P

One thing though, does it need so many title screens? Couldn't it be cut down to 1-2 screens?
Nice game, indeed! Many people claim they develop games, but they hardly complete the games they start. Yours is an exception, you polished it and deserves credit for it.

I would also add that the enemies' movement is a bit "unnatural", to say the least. Try to add some AI for them, it will improve your game a lot!

Congratulations!

Son Of Cain
a.k.a javabeats at yahoo.ca
Hi, just wanna congratulate you on your game. Cool!
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
Yeah, not sure what was up, but the applet keeps freezing on me. 2.5ghz Pent4, 512ram. forget which java I have, but its the newest unless they updated in the last few weeks.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Thanks for the feedback guys :)

someboddy said:
Nice game. The only thing I didn't like is that most enemies just move in a straight line.

It looks like you haven't see level 2, on level 1 the enemies indeed mostly moving in straight line.

eedok said:
One thing though, does it need so many title screens? Couldn't it be cut down to 1-2 screens?

Well, all the title screens is skipable isn't it? :)

Son of Cain said:
I would also add that the enemies' movement is a bit "unnatural", to say the least. Try to add some AI for them, it will improve your game a lot!

We'll see about that.

And for Talroth, try out the download one, applet sometimes is not friendly stuff.
-------------Golden T Game Engine - Java Game EngineGolden T Website | Golden T Forum
Might wanna remove the exit option on the applet too, unless this is supposed to happen:
Quote:Game Exception on net.istisoft.cyberion.CyberIonStart
-----------------------------------------------------
java.lang.ClassCastException: sun.awt.image.WritableRasterNative
at sun.awt.color.CMMImageLayout.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.color.ICC_Transform.getImageLayout(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.color.ICC_Transform.colorConvert(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.ColorConvertOp.ICCBIFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.ColorConvertOp.filter(Unknown Source)
at com.golden.gamedev.Game.notifyExit(Unknown Source)
at com.golden.gamedev.GameEngine.startGameLoop(Unknown Source)
at com.golden.gamedev.Game.start(Unknown Source)
at com.golden.gamedev.GameLoader.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Game Environment
----------------
Date/Time : Wed, 20 Jul 2005 at 23:12
Java Version : 1.5.0_03-b07 Sun Microsystems Inc.
GTGE Version : 0.2.3
java.lang.StackOverflowError
verry nice
but i assume it is java version of commercial game called DemonStar or something like this
Can't be root?Reboot!mount -r /home/hell
Hmm that's suppose to be not throwing exception eedok.
When pressing exit option on applet game, the game will be convert the image into gray using ColorConvertOP class and tell the game has been finished.
And from the exception, looks like the ColorConvertOP operation to make it gray that failed, hmm I guess I will just use try catch in there.
Thanks for the report.

Yup this one is based on a commercial shooter game.

Thanks for the feedback.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement