OpenGl Screensavers ATI and duel screens

Started by
-1 comments, last by Mark Duffill 18 years, 9 months ago
Right, I'm writting a screensaver in OpenGl, which at first was written as a normal Win32 application for development reasons. I then converted it to a screensaver so that it has a ScreenSaverProc and alike as described here http://www.cityintherain.com/howtoscr.html, Now the resulting app.scr works fine on nVidia gfx cards with one or two monitors, however on an ATI machine (duel monitors) with latest drivers its crawls along at 1-2fps. The curious thing is that if I run the winmain development version, which has exactly the same setup and draw code, it runs at the expected frame rate of (30-60fps). So has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening? I though perhaps its possbily one of the following reasons: * The screensaver version is not getting hardware accellerated. * Since the screensaver version does not have a message pump (windows does that for you), thus using timers for the draw push event, the message pump and/or timer is not working correctly. Note: the pcs are all windows 2000, latest service packs and near latest gfx cards. Also other Opengl screensavers (pipes/fireworks etc) run fine on all machines.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement