[java] Graphical Lists ?

Started by
1 comment, last by Son of Cain 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi! If anyone has worked with Eclipse / Visual Studio, then you have experienced the Error List, usually at the bottom of the ide. I would like to incorporate such a list in my application. So does anyone know some library that has this kind of lists ? Thx!
Advertisement
seems to me this is nothing but either a standard Edit/Text box (TextBox if you are in .Net) or possibly rich edit box type controls ... of course in reality these particular controls are more advanced variants of the base control - but they are still direct decendents.

You just override the click handlers to deal with line based highlighting, and double click posting a message to your app (which you handle in your app and cause the editor to move to the clicked location).
Hmm.. if I got you right, there's a class for compiling Java code in the tools.jar, which comes with the SDK. The method that does compilation receives an OutputStream as parameter, to get the output of the executed compilation.

All you have to do is to use a component that "listens" to such OutputStream and displays its text. Pretty straight forward, I guess.

Son Of Cain
a.k.a javabeats at yahoo.ca

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement