Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
matthughson

3Impact Engine: Linker Errors

This topic is 4895 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I tried posting this on the 3Impact forums, but I'm not getting much of a response, so if anyone here has any experience with the engine, I could really use your help Hey Guys, I'm just getting started with the 3Impact Engine, and one of the first things I'm working on is creating a scene manager to handle all the different object on screen. Well, as soon as I started using the 3Impact class types in multiple files I started getting linker errors galore (hundreds). First thing I did was put #praga once in all the 3impact headers. That seemed to do nothing for me. The I found on the forums that you can solve the problem by defining _3IMPACT_EXTERN before including the headers. And that worked for the most part. However, I'm left with a few unresolved external errors (linker errors). It seems that the compiler doesn't feel any of the functions have bodies. Here is exactly what I'm getting:
Linking...
SDCamera.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void (__cdecl* 
iCameraLocationSet)(struct CAMERA *,struct D3DXVECTOR3 *)" 
(?iCameraLocationSet@@3P6AXPAUCAMERA@@PAUD3DXVECTOR3@@@ZA)
SDCamera.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct CAMERA * 
(__cdecl* iCameraCreate)(float,float,float,float)" 
(?iCameraCreate@@3P6APAUCAMERA@@MMMM@ZA)
3impactd.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Can anyone please help!? I'd really appretiate it!!! Matt Hughson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Unresolved externals mean that a function or class prototype was found, but the implementation is missing. In the case of library or engine functions, it nearly always means that there's a .lib file (if you're using Visual Studio) or a .a file (if you're using GCC) that needs to be included in the linking stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, I hear yah. The engine doesn't actually use external libraries though. It's a pretty cool system that I won't bothing going into here.

Just incase anyone is having the same problems, you can find my solution here.

Thanks,
Matt Hughson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!