Can't find OpenGL Files

Started by
9 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 18 years, 9 months ago
Can anyone link me to the required files to start programming in C++ with OpenGL?
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
Advertisement
For what compiler and operating system?
Windows XP, and Dev-C++
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
The NeHe OpenGL tutorials are a good place to start.

Beginning OpenGL Game Programming by Dave Astle and Kevin Hawkins is also worth your money - you can get a new copy from amazon.com for less than $20.
But where's the OpenGL files I need??
Unless you have a very old copy of DevC++, you should already have the required files. The headers should be in include/GL/ and the GL library should be in lib/ (libopengl32.a).
Actually, I'm using Dev-C++ BETA 5.
You probably already have them then. If you don't, you can probably download them from a DevPack.
Well, I'm missing glaux.h.
The OpenGL that comes with Dev-C++ doesnt come with glaux or glut, maybe some others... You can get these by going to "Tools->Check For Updates / Packages->Check for updates" In Dev-C++. If it doesnt have any of the files there try switching the dev-pak server, then click check for updates again.

Hope this helps

printf("C++ 4 Lifen");

I'm a GL guy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement