• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gamechampionx

[web] HTML meta tags

This topic is 4867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a site that operates in a frame, which is at www.angelfire.com/games6/drunken_brawl . If I want the entire document to be listed with correct meta information, would I just use a meta tag on the index or just on everything else? Or both? The index contains no information other than the pages in the frame.

Advertisement
Yes, with frames, your META description and keyword list should be on the index page. Having these is a good idea with frames, because your index page doesn't have any content, so search engines wouldn't do a very good job of linking to it. Take note, though, that some popular search engines (including Google, I think) ignore META keywords. In addition, search engines will find more keywords on your actualy content pages, and are more likely to link to those, which will leave your visitors without a navigation frame. Also, I'm not completely sure, but I think frames are frowned on anymore.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!