• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
theadamSGT

c++ tutorials

This topic is 4750 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I don't know about any good tutorial on the net, however I can recommend a good book for your friend, this one in special is good for both, learning and reference:

"C++ How to Program" by Deitel & Deitel, editorial Prentice Hall

here is a link:

If he doesn't have the Internet, he might want to get a book. I prefer C++ From The Ground Up, have him look around for something that he finds easy to read. However, if you can't spend money, you can get Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++ series here.

http://cplus.about.com/od/beginnerctutorial/l/blcplustut.htm

I can't remember the tags, but you can just copy and paste the link.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Tell him to buy Accelerated C++. It's a very good book for beginners.

http://www.oopweb.com/CPP/Documents/ThinkingInCpp1/VolumeFrames.html

Here's what I'm reading at the moment, a slightly different approach to "standard" C++ tutorials, introducing alot of concepts BEFORE going on to write the first program, as well as arguing the pro's and con's of different languages.

I think it forms a better basis in your mind to work up from rather than just showering you with code from the get-go.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!