• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rmazin

object loading help

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Thanks in advance for any help. A friend and I are developing a game in direcX. (obviously or i wouldn't be here) I have built some models in Maya 6.5 and exported them to .x with a .fx shader attached. When I open them in the directX mesh viewer they appear correctly. However, when I add them into our game program they load but are not visible. Up until about two weeks ago I was using Maya 4.0 and when i used that exporter everything showed up in the program. I have tried everything I can think of but I am still getting an invisible character. Anyone know how to fix this or what I am doing wrong? Thanks again. -R-

Advertisement
You haven't really included enough detail for us to help you very much. The problem could be any number of things.

Are you sure you've got the camera facing in the direction where the objects should be? Do the normals of the object face in the proper direction? Are you transforming the vertices and the normals correctly? Have you tried reversing the winding order of the vertices? Have you set the vertex declaration before attempting to draw the object.

Tell us what you've tried to do and how you're application is rendering the objects and perhaps we can help.

neneboricua

Were you using the .fx shader before also? I would compare those and see if there are any differences. It could be a scaling issue too. Compare the .x files from then and now and see how the vertices differ in location.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!