I Wanna Make A Game

Started by
12 comments, last by ........................................ 18 years, 9 months ago
AYE LISTEN ERRYBODY. I'm trynna make a game and i need to know where to find out how to make 1 so please write me back ASAP. Than You!
Advertisement
click!

bon chance!

DISCLAIMER: I don't know French.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
For one way you can start by reading this excellent book:
Game Architecture and Design
by Andrew Rollings, Dave Morris

Somehow i think he is taking the mick
Game Maker
Deos anyone know hot to get a game maker?
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/gmaker/
Do a Google search for game maker. The top page is the homepage for the program being recommended (coincidentally named Game Maker).

EDIT: Or be force fed by Anonymous Poster...;)
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
and now is the question: Is it possible to make a very good game in the game maker just like a game made in visual c++ with directx9?
No, I'm afraid not. The thing is, the Game Maker makes it easier for people to create games, but by making it easier you lose flexibility and control. DirectX9 and C++ are much harder to work with, but give you more control. It's a tradeoff that up to this point can't be avoided.
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement