I Wanna Make A Game

Started by
12 comments, last by ........................................ 18 years, 9 months ago
However if you are new to programming then the games you make with Game Maker will be better than those you can make with C++ - your productivity will be SO much higher and your confidence will grow. Eventually you'll out-grow it but for many people who spend the odd hour programming, they might never learn enough C++ to better their Game Maker potential - DirectX is an advanced topic for starters.
Personally I don't really like Game Maker, but you could look at a simple language like BASIC to quickly get simple programs running so you understand the way computer programs work, then learn C++ faster than you would as your first language...
Advertisement
Game maker let you Making game as PLAYING GAME

write a game use C is a true work not Playing Game.
programwizard's path to becoming a game programmer (only 10 easy steps!)

1.) Say "I am gonna make the most best uber MMORPG evar!!!".
2.) Read the postmortem on Eternal Lands (I forgot the site, but you can PM Raduprv and he'll tell you, he wrote it :)).
3.) Look up some stuff on ASM.
4.) Decide you don't like ASM.
5.) Download DJGPP (WORST. COMPILER. EVER.).
6.) Read this C tutorial.
7.) Discover GDNet.
8.) Realize that your first game will not be "the most best uber MMORPG evar!!!" (but keep that flame burning bright inside you, you'll get there one day).
9.) Buy Beginning Game Programming by Jonathan S. Harbour. *The top review is mine!* along with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect (BEST. COMPILER. EVER.).
10.) Make Breakout.

And that's it! You've made a game using the C programming language and the DirectX API! Oh, and if you don't already know it, make sure you learn HTML somewhere in there. It will help you greatly if you want to put your games on the web. I reccommend Sams Teach Yourself HTML in 24 Hours. It's outdated, but still extremely useful.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
visit google.com .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement