• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Shingtime

other gamedev art sites?

This topic is 4848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

it's quite clear that the focus of gamedev.net is on programming - which is awesome, nothing against that at all. (the programmer i work with learned ALOT from this site) does anyone know if there is site of equal value and content that focuses on game art development by indie artists? it be cool to have a place that had tutorials on say making interfaces, or uv texturing. id also love to have a place where i could see other people's UV texture work, study their style and methods. the same goes for modeling, animation (purhaps have tutorials that show specific key-frames and animation paths so you can study and learn better ways to do that stuff) The same with 2d art. spritework tutorials and method explainations would also be hot. is there anything like this?

Advertisement
Nothing really springs to mind, theres always www.3dbuzz.com and www.cgtalk.org but they're generaly more TV/film animation oriented

y doesnt someone make a game artist website? wouldnt that be a bit better?

you know what...let's just go make a website for game artists. who is willilng to help?(ive got no knowledge of how to do this but hell im willing to learn)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Look at cgtalk, there is a whole board just based on game art

Why does the pixelation forum link never work for me? I always want to check it out but it just gives me

Quote:
Hier entstehen die Internet-Seiten des Confixx Benutzers web8 auf net-spacy.com

Any suggestions?

Rather than starting a whole new site, why not submit more art related tutorials here at GDNet? There's actually a section for it in the articles, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to have more good content if people were to take the time to write it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!